For more information on these program and more contact:
Aneka Sweeney, M.Ed.
Whatcom Conservation District
Educators Resource Corner
Check out the following agriculture education links and facts
Environmental Science Education Links
- National Science Education Standards - The online version of the National Science Education Standards as developed by the National Research Council.
- Project 2061 - by the American Association for the Advancement of Science. Includes information about the Benchmarks for Science Literacy through clickable links.
- Washington Essential Academic Learning Requirements in Science - You can peruse the standards clicking on "Science". You'll find that you can download the EALRs in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Bellingham Public Schools - You can check out their curriculum pages, teacher resources, etc.
- Home Science: Backyard Conservation
- USDA Forest Service: Tree Conservation
- AIMS Education - Another leading resource for elementary school science and math.
- Science Lessons by Subject and Grade Level - Lesson plans in Astonomy, Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Physical Science, and Technology. Grades K-8. Includes greenhouse effect, etc. also.
- Bill Nye the Science Guy - No explanation needed!
- The Magic School Bus Homepage - Take a drive with Ms. Frizzle!
- Concept Mapping - A great site for downloading Concept Maps activities and related stuff
- Science NetLinks - The AAAS site is a comprehensive "home page" for science teachers, librarians, and others involved in science education.
- Science Fair Project Resource Guide - Some advice on putting a science fair project together.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE A VOLUNTEER?
We need your help! If any of these activities interest you, please contact Aneka Sweeney @ 360-526-2381, ext. 103.