- Upcoming Events
- School Programs
- Farm Tours
- NRCS Kids Agriculture Pages
Educators Resource Corner
Check out the following agriculture education links and facts
- Agriculture in the Classroom http://www.fsa.usda.gov/FSA/kidsapp?area=home&subject=funf&topic=landing
Environmental Science Education Links
- National Science Education Standards - The online version of the National Science Education Standards as developed by the National Research Council.
- Project 2061 - by the American Association for the Advancement of Science. Includes information about the Benchmarks for Science Literacy through clickable links.
- Washington Essential Academic Learning Requirements in Science - You can peruse the standards clicking on "Science". You'll find that you can download the EALRs in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Bellingham Public Schools - You can check out their curriculum pages, teacher resources, etc.
- AIMS Education - Another leading resource for elementary school science and math.
- Scope Sequence and Coordination - A great program aimed at improving science literacy in high school.
- Science Lessons by Subject and Grade Level - Lesson plans in Astonomy, Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Physical Science, and Technology. Grades K-8. Includes greenhouse effect, etc. also.
- Bill Nye the Science Guy - No explanation needed!
- The Magic School Bus Homepage - Take a drive with Ms. Frizzle!
- Concept Mapping - A great site for downloading Concept Maps activities and related stuff
- Network of Instructional Materials for Science Educators IMSENet. An overwhelming network of web links to science instructional materials, and K-12 interdisciplinary resources.
- Science NetLinks - The AAAS site is a comprehensive "home page" for science teachers, librarians, and others involved in science education.
- Science Fair Project Resource Guide - Some advice on putting a science fair project together.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE A VOLUNTEER?
We need your help! If any of these activities interest you, please contact Emily Hirsch @ 360-354-2035, ext. 114.